Sunday 8 July 2012

Back to the Balkans

Next week me and the chaps are going to Sofia, Athens and Thessaloniki on a bit of a tour. While Soifa, capital of Bulgaria, might sound dull and grey, do a Google image search, I think you'll be surprised. Do it now. Some great domes there, I'm sure you'll agree.
No Chirs Owen on this trip though I'm afraid. That means no vests, no confusion over how far we are from America or Burnley, no falling asleep on UNESCO World Heritage sites and no writing friends name's on skin in sun-block.
This will be the first time I've been to any part of the Balklans that was never part of the Austro-Hungarian Empire. All three citites we once part of the Ottoman Empire.

I fly on Saturday, three nights in Sofia, three nights in Athens, two nights in Thessaloniki, then home. I'll try and keep up with this blog, but probably not if I'm busy or drunk or both.





No comments:

Post a Comment